Thursday, April 30, 2009

Where are the mute buttons on 2 year olds?

If I knew where Havi's mute button was, I promise I wouldn't abuse it! I would save it for situations that seem to be happening lately when we're out in public...

Example 1: We pass someone with dark skin and she in her -anything but quiet- voice she says, "Her face is brown!" I try to help the situation by saying, "Yes, isn't she pretty?". Luckily people are out of ear shot when she talks about how they need to go wash their face.

Example 2: As you read this, consider what's eye-level to a 2 1/2 year old walking in a crowd. Randomly she'll let me know when we pass by someone with a large rear end. In that l o u d, squeaky, distinct, hard to miss voice she'll say, "She has a big bum!". How do I save that situation?!

4 comments:

The MontaƱo’s said...

I can absolutely relate to these situations! I love other people have to go through it as well! Makes me feel like I"m not a complete failure, it's just the natural tendencies of a 2 year old.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh! I'm sitting here laughing because I've been there :) It's easier to laugh when it's someone else going through it. You've got to love 2 1/2 yr. olds! I used to always say it was a good thing Alex was so darn cute or I might have wanted to kill him. What's more embarrassing is when they say things like that or worse to their primary teacher!! Ask me sometime what Alex said to Shelly Platt on two occasions when she taught him in primary.

Camille Parker said...

That is so funny!!! I think that we have all been there done that! She is so cute. I hope all is well. Have you decided to find out what the baby is? Let us know if you do.

Karyn said...

Warning: if you happen to toot just as Havi walks behind you, beware. She may ask you what that noise was and you innocently say what noise. She will probably ask: Did you toot? and look you straight in eye as she asks it. How can you lie to those eyes?