Friday, April 3, 2009

To Peek Or Not To Peek

Pregnancies 1&2:
Physically- Pretty easy. Normal soreness at the end, but not enough to stop me from playing some volleyball the week before I had Havi. A little more tired than usual.
Morning sickness- none. Slightly upset stomach when empty.
Cravings- anything sweet. That's not a pregnancy thing, though. Nothing too outstanding.
Aversions- nope.
Emotionally- yeah, they got to me. I sobbed (not just a sniffle or two) through King Kong when I was expecting Havi.

Pregnancy 3 (up to now, 16 weeks):
Physically- I'm so tired. My poor family is having to make do with a 50% mom lately. I'm already sore in the belly area.
Morning sickness- ugh. It's finally subsiding, but still shows it's ugliness once a week or so. Better than everyday like it was.
Cravings- tomato based foods. Spaghetti (normally not crazy about). Pickles. Cheese. Red meat... this was weird because I've been off red meat since I had Havi. Back on now.
Aversions- sweets. They made my stomach hurt and are starting to give me heartburn. Does this stop me from eating sweets? Heavens no.
Emotionally- Still affected. I got choked up listening to a Taylor Swift song this morning.

So... my curious side wants to know if the differences in this pregnancy have to do with a different gender, or is it just because my body is 3 years older than the last time I was pregnant. Hmmm. We went to an appointment today, and if the kid had cooperated we could have seen and satisfy that curiosity. I was looking forward to it, and so was LeRoy. But the kid was very modest and we couldn't tell. Now I'm thinking it's kind of fun to wonder, and I'll just let us all wonder until September. LeRoy isn't 100% on board with this idea, but I'll figure out a way to convince him (he's a sucker for back tickles). So, if you're curious, sorry! We'll find out on his/her birthday!

6 comments:

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

It probably is a boy! I was so sick with my boys. We haven't yet announced to the world but Cam and I are expecting as well I'm six weeks along. We are hoping well he is hoping for a girl I'm on the fence. Your strong I have to know what it is. I'll find out on this one too!!

Sarah said...

Do it Holly.....Do it!! There is nothing more exciting during labor than knowing you're going to find out what it is! We did that with Garrett and absolutely loved it!! My vote is to wait! We tried to wait to find out what Ty was, and made it to 36 weeks. My Doc. was out on a delivery when I went in to my appointment. We saw the midwife and she turned on the Ultrasound and said, "Oh he has nothing to hide, does HE?!!!" I cried my eyes out.....36 weeks and the secret was blurted out!! And then with Julia we decided to find out....but I think if it ever happens for us again, we may wait too! I'm not kidding....you will love it!! I support you either way!! (For what it's worth!)

J-me said...

I think you should wait, even though I am DYING to know!!!!!!

Steph said...

I'm excited for you and I'm sure either way, it will be another cutie!

Andrus Family said...

Oh you are good, the suspense would KILL me! I'm sorry to hear you've been sick, it is definitely no fun. Here's to hoping it's a boy so our little guys can be buds!

Lisa said...

I had 5 surprises and loved it!! Then when I was pregnant with Sarah I wanted my 6th to be a surprise too but Fred really, really wanted to know so I caved in. Thankfully for me she played "modest" also and so she was a surprise just like I had wanted. I agree with your friend. It makes labour more bearable and exciting because in the end you will find out what your sweet baby is. Hope you feel better soon!