Friday, April 17, 2009

Just a week ago

First: Fly to Pittsburgh to pick up Jill.
Next: Hershey, PA. Tour of the factory by some cows, lunch at the Hershey Pantry... yum.
Then on to Philadelphia (FYI, if you take a wrong turn looking for Independence Hall it's not hard to end up in New Jersey).
Here's our group (Kelsy behind the camera) in downtown Philly, walking around Independence Hall and the liberty bell museum.
Jill and me taking on Rocky's training routine.

Next stop... NEW YORK CITY!!! We walked out of our hotel and on the right was the GERSHWIN THEATRE where we'd be seeing WICKED on that unforgettable Saturday night.
We arrived Saturday morning, and let me tell you, having a day completely dedicated to shopping and eating is an awesome way to do NYC. If it wasn't raining, I probably would have spent a lot more money that day, so it's probably a good thing we got soaked.






Wicked was unbelieveable. What a great show. I've had the sound track running non-stop ever since.

Easter Sunday morning we got up and went to church in the Manhattan Temple building, then walked through Central Park. I loved Central Park, everything was blooming, the sun was shining, it was really really pretty. Afterward we had a delicious brunch at Josephina's- a cute little place just around the corner from the church, then took a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.












I'm editing this trip for blogging purposes, because if I included every detail it'd be a really l o n g post. These are just a few pictures of some highlights- and if I'd taken a picture of my sandwich on Saturday, that would be on here as a highlight for sure... mmmm.
Overall, this was a five-star trip with my mom and sisters. I love my family!!!!

7 comments:

I'm Jenny said...

Wow Holly looks amazing! I love trips with my mom and sisters!

Lisa said...

How fun!! I'm happy you all got to go and spend time together. I love the pictures!!

tash said...

I loved wicked! What a fun trip!

Camille Parker said...

Looks like you had alot of fun! New York is awesome! Dusty's dad took us there acouple of years ago. I can't wait to go back. I hope all is well with you guys and the new house.

The MontaƱo’s said...

Your trip looked amazing! One day I will visit NYC!

Sarah said...

If you only knew how jealous I was right now! There is no where I love more than New York City! I've been there twice and could go again tomorrow! We need to plan a trip there with LeRoy and Trav! How fun would that be? Glad you had a great trip!

Steph said...

Looks like a wonderful trip!