Friday, January 2, 2009

Sneak Peak

I'm planning on doing "The Grand Tour" of the house once we're in and everything's done, but I can't resist this little sneak peak.












Here's how the exterior's going to look. This is actually a horrible picture of it, you can't see the garage (dark brown), the tan siding up in the gable looks beaming white, and we have the exterior lighting up by the garage, but of course you can't see that either.

Here's the shot I take every time, as we slowly watch the kitchen evolve. We now have a few appliances in, the lights, and even some countertops.
This part of the kitchen always gets cut out of my picture. On the right side of the island in the above picture is this, the desk area.




If you go out the door on the left side of the above kitchen picture, you'll walk out on the deck. Here you can see more of the red exterior, the cursed black deck rail (it's been LeRoy's worst nightmare lately as he's been installing it with the help of my dad and some friends), and part of the chimney (the rocky thing on the left).


Going back inside, this is the finished fireplace, we got the mantle and the lighting done.




Here's the stair rail on the other side of the room. Nothing too spectacular.





For those interested in ceilings, this is the ceiling in the family room. The master bedroom is this same coffered style, but not as deep/tall.


I'm so excited to have this mud room. It's not a great picture, but the wood matches the kitchen island. On the right is the garage entrance.


If you go upstairs and take a left, you'll be in here- the girl's room.

If you go straight you'll be in the girl's closet.

And if you go straight some more, you'll be in here- the "club house"! (we've started moving in this area- the girl's need some entertainment while LeRoy and I finish up... besides, we didn't have room anywhere else for the Christmas toys!)

That's what I have for now, thanks for checking in on us :)

9 comments:

Steph said...

Ooooh Holly! It looks great! Can't wait to see more.

Katie said...

Holly, it's so beautiful. Your kitchen looks straight out of an episode of 'divine design' I saw a while back. I LOVE IT!! Can't wait to see it all finished. Good luck!

John and Brittney said...

It looks so wonderful!! Can't wait to see it with everything inside! Beautiful job!

LeLe said...

Love, love, LOVE it!!! So excited for you! You guys have done a wonderful job.

J-me said...

I haven't seen you in like 3 days... wierd! Do you have a move in day yet?

The MontaƱo’s said...

LOVE IT!! I can't wait to see the finished outside, I"m almost DYING! The kitchen looks so good, and with the appliances, it's really all coming together!! The 16th, did you know that's next Friday? Course you did, EXCITING!!!!!!

Lyndsay said...

Keep them coming Holly- looks absolutely beautiful!

tash said...

Holly I wish you would've designed my house!

Andrus Family said...

Oh Holly, can I just say it looks AMAZING?! I cannot wait to see it - we should have gone last weekend! Seriously, when Ryan and I get around to building a new home (in like 30 years) I may have to snag your plans from you! I absolutely love your kitchen - nice work!!