Tuesday, January 27, 2009

cc + mr 4eva

If I had to name my "style" of decoration, I think I'd have to call it: Coastal Contemporary (cc). Yes, I do have a husband who has taste and style, which he has declared to be: Mountain Rustic (mr). Total and complete opposites. So how did we build a house we both love... and stay married? It can be done, and here's the evidence: see the pictures for evidence that our styles can blend, and see the positive pregnancy test (not pictured, but trust me there were definitely TWO lines) for evidence that we can stay married :)

So here we have the Grand Tour!

Picture 1: here's the front of the house, with all the board and batten, rock, shakes. The only thing that remains to be done here is to stain those posts on the front porch (the ugly orange things). They'll be stained to match the front door once the weather allows.


Picture 2: The entry way. I had to have this light, I think it's pretty cool. My Aunt Dana does vinyl stuff and I had her do this for my entry. She did a perfect job!
Picture 3: The family room. Can you hear what our couches are screaming? Listen... hear that? "We're TEMPORARY!!". Eventually they'll be replaced with a comfy L-shaped brown leather chaise sectional, but we do have to pace ourselves. I didn't get a good picture of the fireplace this time, but it looks the same as it did in the last house update. This is mostly kitchen. I love my kitchen.

























Bathroom picture:
Here's the girl's/main bathroom. Look at this cool step our awesome cabinet people put in!





















My room:
This room is such a cool get away. We went from a queen to a king size bed when we moved, and let me tell you... it's heaven! I was so excited to put this bedding on, too. I love it.
Master bathroom:
I know I'm over-using the word "love" in this post, but what else can I say about our master bathroom? Love, love, love. Tons of storage. Square sinks. Did you notice the blow-dryer cabinet? I won't have any more wardrobe problems due to lack of a full length mirror... I'll just have to come up with another excuse.


























The girl's room:
This may be my favorite room in the house. It's such a happy room! I love the colors, the simplicity, the little details here and there (see the pillows Jayme made for them on the window seat?). Over each of their beds is a light controlled by a dimmer by their individual nooks. At night, we just turn it on to a soft glow and they can fall asleep in peace. Other times, like this morning, they can sit in bed with the light a little brighter and look through books. Perfect.
I still have a lot of ideas for this room... desks, white canopies, window treatments... but it's like I said before- i need to pace myself.



























That concludes the grand tour. Areas like the "club house", the deck and the office either haven't changed since I last put up pictures, or they're simply too messy to take pictures.
And now I'm going to have to find other things to blog about... Thanks for following along this last year as we went through this grueling process. We're thrilled with the results, and thrilled to be done.
We love visits, so please, if you're in the area, stop by!

16 comments:

JCLS said...

Holly......ok I am totally in love with your house and I am serious when I say I want you to help me design ours whenever that happens for us! I think we kind of have a lot of the same style preferences....I am totally jealous of your master bathroom vanity....right now we have one bathroom with one sink and no countertop.....I am going crazy! Haha. Hopefully when I come visit home in May Bailey and I can stop by and I can get the tour. Also.....CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you to have another little one! Our babies can be buddies!

Sarah said...

Holly....it looks awesome! I can't wait to come see it! Maybe when they start Alumni B-Ball soon, we can stop by....that will be the only time we don't have b-ball for our boys every night! Congrats...your house turned out awesome...makes me want to build again! (Kinda!:)
Congrats on the baby....I'm so glad we'll have one the same age! When are you due? Boy...lots of excitement in the Montano home! Happy for you guys!

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Birch Family said...

Congrats on everything...the new house...the new baby! I love your house and want one just like it! When are you due?

Melissa said...

I also love your new house. I'm so excited to come see it! We also have very similar tastes--squares, clean lines, not alot of clutter. I may enlist your help in the future as well. My favorite is your bedding! And congrats on the baby too...you need another boy in your clan.

The Metcalf's said...

The house turned out awesome! Great job and congrats...on everything! I hear that you are coming to AZ next month. Fun!

Jill said...

Holly..its beautiful! I love it! Love the vinyl..it turned out perfect. And the girls beds..adorable! Nice touch with the salt and pepper shakers...they look good! :)

Jill said...

oh yeah...and the bedding is AWESOME! I still can't believe you found it!

Steph said...

Holly, it looks so great. I bet you are beyond thrilled. Congrats on the new little one too. I bet the girls are super thrilled.

holly said...

Thank you everyone! I'd love nothing more than to come to your house and tell you what to change :) Just kidding! We're due Septemberish, I'll know more after next week's dr. appointment.

TheMonth said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!! Perfect timing. :-) Your house is so beautiful. You guys have done a great job. Hopefully one day I can come and see it in person!

Lisa said...

I love everything about it Holly! You guys have done an amazing job!!!

Andrus Family said...

Love it, love it, love it. Oh, and I love that you're pregnant! Congratulations!

The MontaƱo’s said...

So awesome! I love you pointing out details, like square sinks... I never notice that stuff, but after, I find out I love that stuff. Can't wait to see it next time we're down!! I can not wait! STOP IT! You are really making Matt want to build again... STOP IT!

Lyndsay said...

You and Leroy have such an amazing ability to create something so beautiful! Congrats on everything! How'd you manage to get pregnant through it all- oh never mind- don't answer that! :) Congrats- can't wait to come visit!