Saturday, June 21, 2008

The kitchen.

ooooh, the kitchen. the mom's domain. the homemaker's retreat. the woman's room, right? if there's one room in the house that i, the mom/wife/woman should have complete say over, it's the kitchen, agreed? so how do i convince leroy of that? i say 'light and clean', he says, 'dark and earthy'. i say 'canvas colored cabinetry with a darker island' he says, 'NO WHITE'. (it's not white, it's CANVAS). i say 'bluish grayish walls' he says 'almond-y tan'. while part of me is impressed that he can describe a color as almond, the rest of me is really annoyed that i have to fight so hard to have the kitchen of my dreams! speaking of which...


isn't it beautiful?!

yes, this is a lot bigger than my kitchen will be, and in place of that awesome hood, i'll have a window, and i'll have to have more than 2 barstools thereby eliminating the cool doors in the island, but it's something to go off of. i love the frosted glass in some cabinet doors, how the island is a different color, how good the stainless steel looks in it, the straight lines... ahhh. this is the kitchen in which i'll start cooking healthy meals, where i'll have fresh baked cookies waiting for Teah when she comes home from school, the kitchen i'll ALWAYS keep clean... well, a girl can dream. time will soon tell if i have any negotiating skill, and the proof will be my kitchen.

6 comments:

Steph said...

You make me laugh ... I remember when Jeff and I were buying our house and when I saw the appliances I was so excited, beyond excited about our smooth top stove (this was nearly 7 years ago). I kissed him and told him I would cook dinner everynight. He often reminds me of that day ....

Katie said...

Those are my dream cabinets as well. So beautiful. I'm so excited for you guys. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Sarah said...

That kitchen is awesome! I have the perfect idea....instead of his and her bathroom sinks....spend the money on a his and her kitchens!! Good luck on that one...Trav and I had a few issues where I didn't want to budge and he didn't either...it all works out! Just find something that he cares about more than you do, and trade it for the kitchen!! I actually might have the perfect compromise for you guys! I am going to be posting before and after pics. of my Dad's kitchen soon. He just did a complete remodel and it really is one of the prettiest kitchen's I've ever seen. He copied one of my parade of home pics. and it is truly beautiful. Creme cabinets with a glaze (Like my island) and a dark brown stained island, hood and china cabinet. People have been coming over to take pics. of his kitchen. If you're ever in Kaysville, call me and I'll take you to look at it, you might glean a few ideas from it! P.S. Are you guys coming camping this weekend? Take care!

The Birch Family said...

You are so funny. I agree, that kitchen is beautiful. I hope you win the war of the kitchen!!

I'm Jenny said...

Oh Holly, I can so relate to having a husband with a decorating opinion! Who knew they even cared? It is so the girl's job to make these kinds of decisions! I'm pulling for you! Amazing kitchen!!!

Unknown said...

Very cool kitchen, tho the design war seems to be CA vs UT style? I see a lot of new homes around UT valley that are a bit darker. This has nothing to do w/interior, but I LOVE farm-style houses. . . thing is, Todd has no problem indulging my Midwest roots. Good luck!