Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's really happening... FINALLY!

This, we are proud to say, is our house. Well, it soon will be our house, we're thinking it will be done by Christmas or (hopefully) sooner. We bought this lot about 4 years ago and have waited and waited to live here, and now it's hard to believe it's really happening. This is a picture of LeRoy and some friends (I helped too, really!) raking gravel for the concrete to lay on. Ya, it sounds easy enough...
With the help of friends, family, subcontractors, and LeRoy's amazing ability to do everything, this is about as 'do-it-yourself' as a house can get. From the plans (I downloaded a free 30 day trial of AutoCAD and drew the house plans), to excavating (LeRoy did the measuring, his friend worked the machine), the concrete pouring was subbed out, then the framing starting tomorrow (LeRoy and his cousin), we are in a bit over our heads, but hopefully we'll survive.

5 comments:

Steph said...

Holly, that is so cool and I am excited for you guys!! Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly and quickly.

tash said...

YIPEE!!!!! I can't believe it either!!! I'm super excited for you guys. I can't wait till you decorate it and I can come steal your amazing ideas! Way to go guys. You really deserve it :)

Jill said...

YAY HOLLY!!! Teah gets to have her own house! I'm soo excited for you guys! It is going to be the cutest house (inside and out) EVER!

Sarah said...

Long time coming for you guys!! I'm so thrilled for you both that it is finally coming about! Can't wait to see it....please don't hesitate to call if you need any help at all...or sitters!! I know how grueling the process can be! Congrats!

Jessica said...

wow - that is amazing, I can't even imagine doing ALL of it! It is stressful enough just building it with a builder doing everything. Good luck, it looks like an amazing lot!! Is it in Ogden? Or where is it?