Thursday, September 11, 2008

still under construction

Well here it is, my... okay, okay, OUR house. Though it seems like the house has looked like this FOREVER, it is coming along. Want a tour?





This is the floorplan. As you can see, we flipped the house so everything mirrors what it shows in the plans.

Once in the front door, this room is to the left. At first it will be an office and once we get a piano and living room furniture, they'll take over this room.

This is the laundry room. I'm standing in the mudroom to take a picture of it. The garage entrance is to my right.



Below we have the family room and kitchen (yes, we are getting the white cabinets with the dark island!!!!)



Here are the stairs going up to the bonus room and the entrance to the master bedroom. And there's LeRoy walking out of the master bathroom into the master bedroom. This is before he got sick and started throwing up out the window. That was a bad weekend for the poor guy.

Here's the bonus room over the garage- a.k.a. Teah and Havi's room.

This is the deck. LeRoy's plumbing a misting system around it. :)

The garage floor is suspended concrete, and this is what it looks like underneath.


Eventually this will probably be two rooms- a theatre and a workout room.

Under the third car garage we're making that into a sort of built in shed to store lawn mowers, etc., as shown below. This will have double doors on it.






















The best part of this post (for me) is that these pictures are already outdated! The roof is almost complete and we have our windows in. Electrical on the interior and rock on the exterior are what's in the near future here. I don't know if anyone will even read past the floorplan on this post, but it's really exciting for me, LeRoy and the girls. We can't wait to live here!!!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

This looks awesome you guys! I can't wait to come see it! Congrats Holly on the kitchen finalization!! How much did you have to offer LeRoy to get your way! Ha, Ha!! Please let us know when we can help!

Rena said...

I'm so excited for you all too. Someday we'll do this too. Enjoy.

lacey said...

I'm so jealous!! Your house is going to be great! I bet it's been so fun doing all the planning for it.

April said...

Isn't building so much fun?! It all looks so great-now you'll have to have a party or something.

Steph said...

I'm so excited for you guys! It looks great.

ChanB said...

This is exciting! I even read through the whole post (from the bottom up, I don't know why...). Miss you guys!

The Birch Family said...

I love it Holly. It looks like such a nice house! You guys are doing a great job.

Dave and Sarah Est. 2001 said...

Hey guys. The house looks so good. Leroy, I think I still owe you some "man labor" for all of the help you have given me. Just let me know when you need any help. We have to have a house party when it is all done.